PlayStation 4 (PS4) brings us so much fun with masterpieces like Call of Duty, Battlefield series, GTA V and Red Redemption 2. To play games on a big-screen TV is joyful and exciting. However, if you have a bad controller, it can be painful. No one wants to suffer from frequent disconnection, sticking buttons, or irresponsive trackpad but these issues do occur to many users. To deal with these common PS4 controller issues, I wrote this article and hopefully you could learn how to fix PS4 controller efficiently in the event of the issues.
How to fix PS4 controller when it won’t connect? You press any button but there is no response?
1. First, plug the controller into PS4 by using a USB cable.
2. Long-press the home button on the center of the controller which will prompt the controller to resync.
If your DualShock 4 still isn’t connecting to your PS4, try the following method instead.
1. Turn off your PS4.
2. Connect the controller to your PS4 via a USB cable.
3. Long-press the home button on the center of the controller to start the resync at startup.
If neither of the ways work, here, you can try the last method.
1. You can find a tiny hole next to the L2 button on the rear of the controller.
2. Find a toothpick, a pin, or anything tiny enough to go in.
3. Push the button in the whole for a couple of seconds and then, release.
4. Connect the controller to PS4 via a USB cable and long-press the home button on the center of the controller and wait for the device to restart. Now, check whether it works.
Sometimes, your controller fails to get connected to PS4 due to wrong Bluetooth connection. Make sure the controller is not connected to anything else like your tablet and smart phone.
And also, the USB cable itself can cause a bad connection. I once had a USB cable which worked fine with my other devices but couldn’t work with my PS4 controller. So, I suggest prepare a USB cable and don’t use it for anything else.
How to fix ps4 controller not charging?
1. Test your USB cable on another device to confirm it’s working.
2. Plug the USB cable into the controller and give it an inspection with the lightest touch.
3. If your USB cable feels loose or otherwise not secure, you will need to replace either the USB cable or the controller itself.
After removing the cable from your controller, give it a good inspection. Use the flashlight on your phone and shine it into the charging port. If the metal inside looks bent or warped you can either bend it back to into shape, call upon a professional to help you do it, or replace the entire controller. We don’t recommend bending it back into place yourself as it might break the warranty of your product.
Regardless whether the inside metal is warped or not, it might be dirty. If you are noticing a bit of dust or grime buildup, follow the next steps.
1. Prepare a can of compressed air.
2. While the nozzle is 2 to 3 inches away from the charging port, blast air inside in short bursts to knock the dust loose.
3. Do your best to knock all of the dust out of the DualShock, not just knocking it loose.
4. Once the dust is out, use a microfiber cloth to clean up the residue.
5. If there is grime inside of your controller, continue on.
6. Grab a toothpick of a different type of thin needle.
7. Wrap a very slightly damp paper towel around the toothpick. You only need a very small amount.
8. Use your new tool to gently wipe out the inside of the charging port until you’re satisfied with the results.
Wait for the controller to be completely dry before attempting to turn it back on.
1. Turn off your controller and back on again.
2. Make a 50/50 measured solution of isopropyl rubbing alcohol and water.
3. Dampen a microfiber cloth slightly with the solution.
4. Use the cloth to clean the trackpad.
1. Still, you should first make a 50/50 measured solution of isopropyl rubbing alcohol and water.
2. Slightly dampen a microfiber with the solution.
3. Wipe around the exterior of the buttons. Don’t press too hard that you can let the liquid into the controller and cause damage.
4. Let the controller completely dry before attempting to turn it back on.
5. Try pressing the buttons now.
How to fix PS4 controller if problems occur? By reading this article, I think you can find the best answer.
Open the trash can with a simple wave of hand. Efficient sensor and high performance.
Automatically seal and change trash bags, making trash work cleaner and easier.
Prevent trash can from germ, odor and fingerprint with lid, odor absorption technology, and fingerprint-proof coating.
Designed with app controlling, long-life battery and strong & recyclable trash bags.