We all like thick carpets because they make our home warm and comfortable. But the high pile carpets require special care to maintain their beauty and keep them clean. In this article, we provide the 3 best robot vacuums for thick carpet and show you what features you should consider when you choose the robot vacuum for high pile carpet.
Neato Botvac D7 connected is the best robot vacuums for thick carpet in the Neato range. It is a great option for cleaning thick carpet with its advanced technology features including the larger wheels and turbo mode boosts suction. The unique D-shape design and small side brush make it easier to get into the edges of your room and clean the dirt out than most round robot vacuums. The main brush underneath the vacuum is 70% larger than other vacuums’ brush and it is a spiral combination brush which is rubber and brush to give a good deep clean.
• Neato D7 has up to 120 minutes of battery life which is enough for cleaning your floor whether your floor is fully carpeted or only part carpeted.
• With laser mapping and navigation, Neato Botvac D7 Connected sees the furniture, stairs or other obstacles and moves around your house logically. The laser also lets the robot vacuum work in the dark.
• You can set up No-Go Lines in the Neato app to block off some areas you don’t want the robot to go to avoid it getting stuck.
• Its filter is made of HEPA material which filters the tiny particles and captures up to 99% of dust mites and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
>> Do you also need Robot Vacuums for hardwood floors?
iRobot Roomba 980 is also one of the best robot vacuum for carpet. The wheels are not as large as Neato Botvac D7 Connected, but it is easier to clean the areas under furniture. The AeroForce 3-Stage cleaning system uses tangle-free multi-surface brushes and power-lifting suction to clean the hidden dirt, debris, and pet hair. Power Boost mode automatically boosts air power up to 10x to get deeper cleaning on thick carpets and rugs compared to other series models.
• The battery life is also up to 120 minutes. It is able to recharge and resume cleaning to complete the entire job automatically.
• iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization helps Roomba 980 efficiently navigate and clean an entire level of your home.
• The advanced dirt detects sensors recognize areas of dirt, like in high-traffic zones of your home, and provide additional cleaning in those spots.
• Tangle-free dual multi-surface brushes deep clean the thick carpet without damaging the fibers. It can reduce hair tangles and brush maintenance.
• The high-efficiency filter captures 99% of all allergens, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns.
• You can customize how Roomba 980 clean and view Clean Map reports easily anytime and anywhere with the iRobot HOME App.
>> Also Read:  3 Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair
Roomba 960 is also one of the popular robot vacuum in the iRobot range. Although it is slim, the auto adjustable height and lightweight structure make the Roomba 960 move easily on the thick carpets. The main differences between Roomba 960 and 980 are the power-lifting suction and battery life: Roomba 960 delivers 5x the air power while the 980 delivers 10x suction to improve pick-up performance; The Roomba 960 runs up to 60 minutes while 980 runs up to 120 minutes. But Roomba 960 is much more affordable than 980.
• iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology allows Roomba 960 to map its surroundings to clean your entire floor.
• The filter enables the robot vacuum to capture 99% of allergens, pollen, and dust as small as 10 microns.
• Clean & schedule with the iRobot Home App. Customize cleaning, view Clean Map reports, and access support from your phone.
• Automatically recharges & resume to complete its cleaning job.
Every robot vacuum has its own characteristics and they have some similarities and differences. Here is a comparison chart for the 3 best robot vacuums for the thick carpet to help you choose the one you like.
|Neato Botvac D7||iRobot Roomba 980||iRobot Roomba 960|
|Suction||turbo mode boosts suction||10x suction||5x suction|
|Running Time||120 minutes||120 minutes||120 minutes|
|Brush type||spiral combo brush||rubber brush||rubber brush|
|Automatically Recharge and Resume|
|Wi-Fi & Smart Home Connected|
One Related Article You May Need: 3 Best Robot Vacuums for Carpet in 2019
If you have a thick carpet, the taller and looser fibers can hide dirt easily and make it difficult to clean. If you have pets at home, their hair can be embedded in the thick carpet. To help this, the best robot vacuum for thick carpet should have the following features:
1: Larger Wheels
The wheel height is a basic feature on a robot vacuum for thick carpet. It helps the robot vacuum move easily on the carpet without damaging the taller fibers. Besides, it avoids the fibers getting tangled into the brushes underneath.
2: Strong suction
The strong suction is the key feature on a robot vacuum to clean the thick carpet thoroughly. Some robot vacuums come with a turbo mode that is able to boost suction to pick up dirt from the thick high pile carpets.
The best robot vacuum for thick carpet must come with a rubber blade type of brush or combo brush beneath the robot vacuum that gives an anti-tangle result. It also can open up the high pile fibers to allow the suction to do its job.
TIP : You do have problems with the fibers tangling into the robot if you choose the robot vacuum with the brushed roll. And the brushed roll can damage your carpet and reduce the age as well. So do not use a robot vacuum with brushed roll on your thick carpet.
4: Air Filters (HEPA)
Dust is a big problem in most of the homes. It can trigger asthma and allergies. As an allergy sufferer, a pet owner and of course a dust hater, an air filter is necessary to prevent the dust and microscopic allergic particles escaping back into the air. Choose the robot vacuum with HEPA (High-efficiency particulate air) filters that can prevent you from getting allergy.
TIP : We highly recommend you replace the HEPA filter every three months if you are an allergy sufferer.
To get the best out of the running time that you have a robot vacuum that can offer room mapping whether it is by camera or laser can clean more efficiently covering the floor fully in the quickest time. This way you not only get a cleaner floor but you can get it more quickly with less of a chance of running out of charge, although you will get the benefit of your vacuum being able to carry on cleaning from the same spot it finished after recharging if it has room mapping.
6: Running Time
The energy required for a robot vacuum to work its magic over your floors depends on the type of floor you have. It takes more effort to move over the carpet and more suction to get the dirt out. Although a vacuum says it will run for 120 minutes, it's running time will be less on carpeted floors. So a longer running time will give you more cleaning time even on carpets.
Here are the 3 best robot vacuums for thick carpet. If you have the high pile high pile carpet at home, choose the one that best suits you. Enjoy your clean thick carpet with the best robot vacuum.